Unstable Alpha — November (v0.0.3f01+)
Latest Version: v0.0.3f04 (11/20/2018)
Download (Windows/Mac/Linux, $5+ patrons only)
Last update before I'm gone for about a week!
- Fixed numerous instances of Puro falling through the floor when the game is booted for the first time.
- You can now dodge twice in a row, but the cooldown of the second dodge or canceling the first one with an attack is considerably longer.
- Attacking immediately after grabbing will make Puro perform an upwards swing instead of a normal attack.
- On controllers, the lower right shoulder button (R2/RT/ZR) will now make Puro dodge. The original button still works as before.
- Holding either dodge button will make Puro walk in hub areas. Good if you wanna build up dramatic effect with a dpad or or keyboard.
- The camera now zooms in slightly when interacting with NPCs.
- There's now a sound and visual effect for the baseballs in The Batting Cage hitting dummies, the player, or the ground.
- The design of the dummies have been tweaked slightly.
Yet ANOTHER quick hotfix!
- Puro and Lume now look in the directions they're supposed to
- Fixed issue where loading a stage via the debug menu while the portrait backgrounds were fading in/out would cause them to linger on screen
- If the music is set to one of the default tracks, it will now change automatically when loading a new area via the debug menu
Just a quick hotfix!!
- Interacting with characters in the hub area can be performed with the E key and left quick, as well as the Q key and right click to move through it faster.
- Fixed bug where dialogue portraits would stay on screen when loading a stage mid-dialogue via the debug menu.
- Game no longer displays debug message when attacking in the air.
- Game no longer crashes when strike another enemy, restarting certain stages, or dying (all caused by the same bug)
I'll let the image above and the patch notes do the talking this time around, but first, two quick announcements: I'll be out of town for about a week, starting on the 20th of this month, and then again near the end of December. Naturally, there will be no updates during this time. But! But but but! There's a long-promised bit of content I've been working behind closed doors, and while it's nearly ready, I can't show it off just yet, so bare with me a little longer, ok? It should be ready sometime next month~!
- Implemented a test room for HUB areas, with examinable objects, an NPC, and simple 3D movement.
- Added text boxes and dialogue portraits
- Game now runs at 60fps more consistently
- The DEBUG menu is now opened with SELECT/TAB instead of being in the pause menu itself
- Dodge button is now present on the input display
- Training dummies have been changed, now showing the total damage take after not being hit for a full second or after a full three seconds.
- Second hit of combo does a lil more damage
- The slash effect for volatile items is now green
- Added walking animation
BUGS AND FIXES:
- Puro's animations will properly freeze for heavy deflects if it's the first swing of a normal combo
- Checkpoints now update properly when you load a stage via the stage loader in the debug menu
- Fixed desync issue with combo, which would cause the wrong strike to do finisher damage
- Fixed issues where certain objects wouldn't be loaded when you started Test Tower with a clean save file
- Fixed issue where Puro would teleport forwards if the forward roll was mashed
- Improved camera stability for when entering new areas via the debug menu
- Fixed issue where Puro could slightly clip through the floor if the player kept holding left/right when entering a room and walking into an incline
- Fixed being able to open pause menu without the game pausing by mashing the start button
- Fixed damage number rendering incorrectly for Apple computers
- Fixed issue where some weapons would spin incorrectly when thrown
Get Puro (alpha)
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.