Unstable Alpha — October (v0.0.3f0)
TO ACCESS THE NEW AREA YOU MUST ENTER THE DEBUG MENU, FOUND IN THE PAUSE MENU
BEEN A WHILE HUH
though this may be the one and only update of the month, we've been extremely busy this month. And yes, I do mean "we" — we've begun the transition from solo to team project, and it's super exciting!
In any event, compiling the files this time around took MUCH longer than before, so a proper documentation of all the changes will be released tomorrow. Thank you so so much for your patience!!
PRELIMINARY CHANGE LOG:
- Attacks now have a slight combo system. Landing all attacks in a combo increases the damage of the final attack
- New attack animations for the second and third swing
- New attack visuals
- Improvement made to the dodge input
- Puro now has a different attack animation if you dodge backwards
- Invulnerability frames have been removed from the dodge
- Canceling a dodge with an attack in the opposite direction of the dodge drastically increases the distance of the attack, allowing it to function as a counter
- Canceling an attack in the opposite direction you're facing during a dodge has a unique animation
- A charge attack! This functions very similarly to the charge attack from Shovel Knight, requiring you keep the button held down after attacking, and then releasing shortly afterwards. It charges very quickly, but halves your walking speed until released (you can also cancel it with a dodge). This currently lacks a unique animation.
- Projectile deflecting! You can knock back most physical projectiles by just timing your attack well. With SOME attacks this is easier said than done, however.
- Added a Batting Cage stage to test this out with
- Added the ability to load any level via the debug menu. Currently only the Test Tower and the Batting Cage are available
- Added a training dummy that shows how much damage is dealt when struck.
- Volatile items: These glowing items break instantly if they hit something, but deal high damage, strong enough to destroy any thing you can damage (aside from the unimplemented combat enemies) instantly. These are intended mostly for puzzles.
- Added volatile enemies, which have a similar green underglow to show they drop said items.
- A bunch of tiny bugfixea
- Improved visuals here and there
- COMPLETE restructure of a lot of fundamental player code, making it more modular for future content
- FMOD has now been integrated. This doesn't mean much in the current build, but there's a lot of rad music effects that we'll be able to implement soon!
Get Puro (alpha)
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.